Thursday 28 August 2014

We are back!!


It is just unbelievable that my last post was over a year ago! Where is the time going? Last year we went to England to see friends and family and when we came back so many things happened that we didn't get back to have our meetings.... then in December we went to Brazil to also see friends and family there. We had a great time in the hot hot Brazilian summer! My husband stayed with us until New Year's but then had to come back to New Zealand. The boys and I stayed for another two months to make the most of quality time with grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunties. It was priceless! Leaving in a foreign country is a great experience for the whole family but it seems we are never 100% complete. With friends and family scattered around the world we always feel something is missing... Travelling back and forwards made me realise how lucky we are to offer the opportunity for my boys to experience all these diversity, customs and beliefs from different parts of the world but still within our one family. I guess I worked so hard to have them committed to my and their father's culture that I unconsciously put a hold on the International Children's Group. 

But the good news is that I am ready to re-start our meetings and have already been talking with some parents about a new format for the meetings and new games to get the children involved, learning and having fun at the same time!

Watch this space for more news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment